• Remember, when discussing all things gun/weapon/NFA related, all associated laws apply! DO NOT ask anyone here to help you do anything that is against the law. Period. Soliciting someone to do something illegal here will get your post removed, and possibly get you banned. Doing something illegal can lead to you being fined and spending quality time with "Bubba", where you will understand the meaning of PMITA Prison. Be smart, we are all hobbyists/collectors here who adhere to the law, and so should you.

Goliath is here!

sub

Liberty Suppressors
http://libertycans.net/goliath/

We finally got that 458 can done that we have been working on all these years.

Here it is in a nut shell, 2" x 10", thread insert mounted to allow it to fit the wide range of threads that this caliber is seems to work in, all titanum construction to keep the weight at 20 ounces, and suppression on a 12" SBR runs in the 130 db range. It is pretty awesome.

Link to video coming in a bit.

Dave

Fulliautomatix

Can I get it with a case hardened finish, LOL. :D Let me know if you want to do any full power .45-70 testing, I'm only 90 minutes from your shop.

ncorry

Nice call on including the 5/8x32 insert for the Radical uppers. That was the main drawback to their economy 458SOCOM upper line.

Now, what other calibers can it handle? 338 Federal???

Twinsen

Cheeki Breeki Moderator
Staff member
Me:
"Why name it Goliath if there's no David?!"
*one Mississippi*
*two Mississippi*
*three*
"Damnit, brain!"

Reactions: sub

sub

Liberty Suppressors
It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal as well as 358 winchester. IT can handle 300 win mag...with ease... 338 win mag even. We have not tested it on the 338 lap yet though.

45-70 is a bunch of round, but it can handle the round just fine, we have not had that opportunity yet though. We may take you up on that offer a little later in the spring when it is warmer.

22LR... wow, that would be insane...

Bill, you know the rule, there is no replacement for displacement! HAHAHAHA!!!

Dave

sub

Liberty Suppressors
Nice! How does it do with supersonic 308?

I have no idea. We have only tested it on the 458 SOCOM at this time. We have not expanded it to other subsonic rounds yet. I would suppose it would be really quiet and would affect POI very minimally.

ncorry

It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal ...................

That does it. Just sent an e-mail to my dealer to get one ordered. Now, I can take my sweet time and spend the next 10 months or so deciding if I want to build a 338 Federal or a 458 SOCOM.

Fulliautomatix

45-70 is a bunch of round, but it can handle the round just fine, we have not had that opportunity yet though. We may take you up on that offer a little later in the spring when it is warmer.

Yeah, just a little warmer though, not like July. We could have a metering day where we're not sweating our balls off, that would be great. :D

srt-4_uk

It will handle any round in the 308 family like the 338 federal as well as 358 winchester. IT can handle 300 win mag...with ease... 338 win mag even. We have not tested it on the 338 lap yet though.

and even 458 win mag....?

sub

Liberty Suppressors
and even 458 win mag....?

Yep, that round would be fine as well. It is a relatively low power round compared to todays high performance rounds. I don't really see the draw here, but it would be fine in a goliath. If you got a tight enough twist barrel you could load some crazy heavy bullets and shoot subsonic with that round though... hmmm.

Dave

owensww

Not A Clue
Although I would love to see right ear data in a semiautomatic platform in 223, subsonic 300blk, and supersonic 300blk on the Goliath and Sovereign, I can understand how the equipment setup, expense, and weather may make that impractical any time soon. If, however, you or your crew get the opportunity to put some lead down range, I would love to see your subjective opinions of the relative loudness to the shooter's right ear of any of those calibers (full power 223 being a good baseline) using the Goliath, Sovereign, and Mystic x on the AR15 platform.

Last edited: