NFA Talk  

Go Back   NFA Talk > Manufacturers > SilencerCo / SWR

Old 01-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light
Default SilencerCo Announces Shift in Leadership

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ift-Leadership

Quote:
January 09, 2018 11:00 AM Eastern Standard Time

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SilencerCo, the nation’s leading designer and manufacturer of firearm suppressors (“silencers”), announced a change in company leadership effective January 3, 2018. Joshua Waldron will step down from his CEO position, and Jonathon Shults will step down from his role as President. Co-founded in a garage in 2008 by Waldron and Shults, SilencerCo has grown to be an industry leader, controlling the majority of sales of firearm suppressors and related accessories. The company has garnered the attention of gun enthusiasts, the business community, and even lawmakers, as Waldron and Shults, and hundreds of dedicated employees, have worked together to perfect their trade while also effecting social awareness of gun rights.

Mr. Waldron will continue his relationship with SilencerCo as Senior Advocacy Advisor, where he will focus his energy on firearm legislative advocacy, an area in which he excels. Mr. Shults will assume a new role as SilencerCo Chief Operating Officer, where he will oversee day-to-day operations and remain heavily involved in his areas of expertise, including R&D and product innovation. Both Waldron and Shults will serve on the SilencerCo Board to stay involved with the overall direction of the company. They each remain the company’s two largest equity holders.

Mr. Waldron stated, “After years of grit and hard work, SilencerCo is poised to succeed. It is now time for me to turn my focus to advocacy for the company and its industry. Resigning from my current duties as CEO will allow for more time spent in the legislative arena, furthering the scope and influence of SilencerCo products in the future.” Mr. Shults stated, “SilencerCo is responsible for suppressor industry innovation. As Chief Operating Officer, I look forward to working with our team to ensure that we stay at the forefront of firearm suppressor design and technology.”

The SilencerCo Board is currently engaged in a search for a CEO and will make an announcement regarding this position as soon as it has been filled.

More information about SilencerCo can be found at www.silencerco.com.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulliautomatix View Post
Interesting, I think I will apply for the CEO position. I want a second generation maxim where you can screw an octane onto the barrel of the integral suppressor and create negative sound every time it is fired.
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
Interesting, I think I will apply for the CEO position. I want a second generation maxim with a decent trigger where you can screw an Osprey onto the barrel of the integral suppressor and create negative sound every time it is fired.
FIFY / SOLD!
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccoffin View Post
Interesting, I think I will apply for the CEO position. I want a second generation maxim where you can screw an octane onto the barrel of the integral suppressor and create negative sound every time it is fired.
Insoundtion?
doubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #5
Ccoffin
Professional amateur

Ccoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of lightCcoffin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubloon View Post
Insoundtion?
Yes! We can measure in... negibles?
Ccoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #6
areekalaan
Expert Wannabe

areekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of lightareekalaan is a glorious beacon of light

So would the opposite of douchables be dickables? colonoscibles?
areekalaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
DoctorSolo
Mr. Antisocial

DoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really niceDoctorSolo is just really nice

Welp time to send the Spectre in for a cleanin!
DoctorSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #8
Fulliautomatix

Fulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of lightFulliautomatix is a glorious beacon of light

I've seen comments on the local gun/NFA board that SilencerCo has "laid off most of the workforce" per threads at ARFCOM & Reddit.

Anyone here hear anything similar via other channels which may be more reputable?

Last edited by Fulliautomatix; 01-17-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Fulliautomatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:59 PM   #9
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

doubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to beholddoubloon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've seen comments on the local gun/NFA board that SilencerCo has "laid off most of the workforce" per threads at ARFCOM & Reddit.

Anyone here hear anything similar via other channels which may be more reputable?
Just rumors everywhere spread like wildfire.

I have no doubt they and every company in the firearm business will be laying people off if they haven't already.

Eight years of Obummer driven sales sent the entire industry into an expansion and hiring phase trying to keep up with fear based demand and now that the fear is mostly gone demand is dipping.

Smaller shops and all those reloading companies that popped up overnight will probably be going completely out of business.

I've been looking for those buyer's remorse gun sales for 8 years now, maybe 2019 will be my year to get some lightly used guns on the cheap.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:42 PM   #10
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all

Quote:
Just rumors everywhere spread like wildfire.

I have no doubt they and every company in the firearm business will be laying people off if they haven't already.

Eight years of Obummer driven sales sent the entire industry into an expansion and hiring phase trying to keep up with fear based demand and now that the fear is mostly gone demand is dipping.

Smaller shops and all those reloading companies that popped up overnight will probably be going completely out of business.

I've been looking for those buyer's remorse gun sales for 8 years now, maybe 2019 will be my year to get some lightly used guns on the cheap.
More NICS checks last year than 2008-2015 (2106 slightly higher due to election presumably)...so this Trump slump means what exactly? The HPA/41F thing for suppressors on the other hand does have some merit. Also almost double the NICS checks in 2017 vs 2008 12.7 vs 25.2 million.

Source
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/...month_year.pdf
Old 01-17-2018, 06:05 PM   #11
brownribbon
Token Liberal

brownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to beholdbrownribbon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeine View Post
More NICS checks last year than 2008-2015 (2106 slightly higher due to election presumably)...so this Trump slump means what exactly? The HPA/41F thing for suppressors on the other hand does have some merit. Also almost double the NICS checks in 2017 vs 2008 12.7 vs 25.2 million.

Source

Likely means that producers realized they over-produced once Trump won the election, then dropped prices in order to move warehoused inventory due to perceived reduced demand since now there's no gall durn dumbocrats wantin' to take are gunz in the White House anymore.

Reduced prices entice a few more buyers here and there (beyond the average), but not necessarily enough to justify continued balls to the wall manufacturing operations.
brownribbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

Quote:

Source
Could be the beginning of the bubble popping.

Manufacturing was down slightly in 2015, I don't currently have 2016 data. I'll assume some NFA like suppressors is bundled in "Misc." which looks to be hit pretty hard.

ETA: Just noticed I was looking at and posted the wrong graph, I originally posted exports which is not insignificant but that does not accurately represent manufacturing.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...-2017/download

Last edited by doubloon; 01-17-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #13
fastfire

fastfire is a jewel in the roughfastfire is a jewel in the roughfastfire is a jewel in the roughfastfire is a jewel in the roughfastfire is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Could be the beginning of the bubble popping.

Manufacturing was down slightly in 2015, I don't currently have 2016 data. I'll assume some NFA like suppressors is bundled in "Misc." which looks to be hit pretty hard.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...-2017/download

WELL. If the background checks were done in a timely manner I'd presently
be making a form 1 or have ALREADY finished 1 or more!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:34 PM   #14
doubloon
pew pew yum yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfire View Post
WELL. If the background checks were done in a timely manner I'd presently
be making a form 1 or have ALREADY finished 1 or more!
I'm still trying to remember what happened in 2006.

Updated the previous post to include the right graph for manufacturing, this is (duh) exports.

Last edited by doubloon; 01-17-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
I'm still trying to remember what happened in 2006.

Updated the previous post to include the right graph for manufacturing, this is (duh) exports.

Iraq happened...

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #16
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

propeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to allpropeine is a name known to all

I would agree that at least some of last year is prior manufactured items that have been deeply discounted. Far side of the 2013 manufacturing slope (Pres Obama just re-elected ramp up production and panic sell). Still I don't think it is as much doom and gloom in the general firearms industry as it might be in the suppressor industry. 41F got a lot of people to shit or get off the pot and probably some of it was on borrowed money to "finish" their collection.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #17
sub
Liberty Suppressors

sub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nicesub is just really nice

Quote:
I would agree that at least some of last year is prior manufactured items that have been deeply discounted. Far side of the 2013 manufacturing slope (Pres Obama just re-elected ramp up production and panic sell). Still I don't think it is as much doom and gloom in the general firearms industry as it might be in the suppressor industry. 41F got a lot of people to shit or get off the pot and probably some of it was on borrowed money to "finish" their collection.
There is a lot of truth in this statement. We actually had people tell us this very thing... "I was on the fence about it till I heard the rules are changing in July..." was pretty common back then.

Dave

Purveyors in fine firearm sound suppressors.

"There is no such thing as a good tax." - Winston Churchill.
sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #18
Fulliautomatix

I still hear a few people say that they're waiting for HPA to pass before purchasing. Not sure that's a sound plan. Since every day you wait on the front end is at least a day you have to wait on the tail end.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #19
propeine
Wannabe Gunsmith

Quote:
I still hear a few people say that they're waiting for HPA to pass before purchasing. Not sure that's a sound plan. Since every day you wait on the front end is at least a day you have to wait on the tail end.
My local PD was surprised I was asking about prints. "You aren't just going to wait for the HPA to pass?" was the response I got. These are guys that have NFA items on trusts too!

"Well no, because this is for SBR stuff and I'm tired of waiting anyways. Wait times are lowish due to the slump and realistically 200 dollars is not a small amount but in the scheme of things it just isn't worth waiting."
Old 01-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #20
Stan1

Stan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to beholdStan1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
"You aren't just going to wait and wait and wait for the HPA to pass?"
FTFThem
Stan1 is online now   Reply With Quote